The Woskob Family Gallery is a space for contemporary arts and culture in downtown State College, PA.

Intern Spotlight: Kelsie Ahern

November 10, 2017

This week, Kelsie Ahern answers some questions about life as a Woskob Family Gallery intern.

What do you typically do as an intern?

Every day is different! My duties range from drafting press releases, to assisting with opening receptions, to designing wall text and posters.

What is your favorite part of your internship?

I have really enjoyed getting to work directly with the artists. It’s such a unique opportunity to actually get to meet and communicate directly with the artists whose work we display in the Gallery and in the Borland Project Space.

Why did you decide to intern at an art gallery?

I love my art history classes and I want to explore applying my public relations degree in an art-related setting after I graduate this spring, so I figured this would be the perfect opportunity to test out this career path.

What is your favorite art work you’ve seen so far at the Woskob?

My favorite work I’ve seen so far definitely has to be Keith Lemley’s A Theory of Everything installation on the Woskob Wall.  I love how it gives the blank, white wall a pop of color and I enjoyed getting to watch the piece be created and installed in the gallery.

What do you study at Penn State?

I’m a senior majoring in public relations and minoring in art history, digital media trends & analytics, and international studies.

146 SOUTH ALLEN STREET

STATE COLLEGE, PA 16801

OPEN M – F 9 AM – 4 PM

SATURDAYS 10 AM – 2 PM

LOCATED IN THE PENN STATE

DOWNTOWN THEATRE CENTRE